Who are we?

23 October 2013

bites of wisdom

There is a shop near where I drink (awesome) hot chocolate which owns this inspiring chest of drawers:
I like it.
There is a (much longer!) collection of wise sayings called "The Proverbs of Solomon" which has a similar feel.  Eclectic, sometimes bizarrely unrelated, the sayings muddle themselves across the pages.  But as I read I find one or another of the jumble will jump out and bite me, infecting me with a flash of understanding.

The introduction says:
"for gaining wisdom and instruction;
for understanding words of insight;
...
let the wise listen and add to their learning,
and let the discerning get guidance."

In the age of information perhaps we could use some wisdom.
In the age of instant-everything, perhaps it helps if it comes in bites ...

No comments:

Post a Comment