Who are we?

13 July 2011

someone who really wants to help me?

While away, we saw many sights which are not part of our daily urban existence.

We went to a coffee shop in the nearest "metropolis"; when we emerged we found a horse just outside.  It would be quite fun to visit the corridors of Cavendish Square by horse, but I am not sure I'd get past security!


On the drive (in the urb I usually walk, but 25km seemed an excessive stroll, even for coffee) we saw a small flock of merino sheep in a very green field.

Outside another coffee shop (you can tell we needed to keep feeding our urban selves), there was a delightful dry stone wall.


Well, the sight of the sheep got me thinking about a previous outsiders' blog conversation about spiritual leaders and whether or not any particular one can be trusted.  


John, the sage who is currently our mentor, has a fascinating metaphor which he picks up from his guide:
"The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep."  A good spiritual leader is willing to die for me.

Hmm. That is quite a tall order; I wonder ...




No comments:

Post a Comment