Who are we?

04 June 2011

that light again

In the city there is so much inequality.  It is inescapable unless I close my eyes to all the people round me.  Yesterday I was thinking about how easy it is to blame other people for their own tough situations.  Makes it much easier to feel good about my easier circumstances.
But John's spiritual teacher demonstrated a different Way.  He not only told John that it wasn't the blind man's fault that he was blind, he went on to say that this was an opportunity.  Living spiritually means taking notice of other people; it means taking action where appropriate.  The blind man went home able to see.

What a good way for this spiritual guide to live out his comment at the time:  "While I am in the world, I am the light of the world."  Spiritual light, physical sight.  Interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment